Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

My dvd player has stopped playing, cd's still play but

hi, my dvd player has stopped playing, cd's still play but i cant get a dvd to play, under devices it says - all working properly, i have not used it for about a month, the dvd is shown on (this pc) in d drive, and i can bring up all the files on the disc,
i get a box come up saying - choose what you want to do with this dvd, under options , i'm asked to find a new dvd app in store, or take no action, i dont understand where the drive has gone as it was working properly.
in the control panel i have checked the box saying "ask me everytime, and not find a new app.
hoping you can help , as i i'm stuck !!! roger jewell.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please Roger which version of windows you are using?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
richard, i am using windows 10
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Download and install VLC player from my link below please.
http://tinyurl.com/kfjlsy6
It will start downloading automatically. Then once installed open VLC player and view your DVD's within this. It will then function.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
down loaded and working, thanks. but i'm not sure why i lost it in the first place.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
would likely hasve been corruption which can occur and we resolved by reinstalling.
You will be ok now.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the smiley faces then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.