jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

Please help me connect to Skype

Customer Question

Please help me connect to Skype
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello Heather, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.Have you already downloaded and installed Skype and do you have an account?May I start a remote session so we can work on the problem together from your computer?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have Skype installed, just cannot conect to it, nor can my relative call me on it.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** when you try to connect, do you get any errors?Also, are you contacting me from your computer now or another device like an iPhone/iPad?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am contacting from my desk top computer system - do not have any other.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Great - would you like me to connect to you so we can work on the problem directly from your computer and get you on Skype asap?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then From your computer click the following link:https://ngmt.screenconnect.com/?Session=11f7ce2f-1c7e-4c4d-ad25-a179198e6051Then click Join your session -->And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.ClientLet me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I clicked on the screen Martin, but sorry no further progress.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
We can go through the steps a bit slower if you need -First, scroll up and look for the orange button that reads "Accept this offer", click that, then scroll down and click on the last link I gave you which takes you to the remote page.Let me know when you've gotten this far
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only the three little mini menus show, and no further progress.
Did not want to go through Pay Pall screen again, as have rcvd email saying the service has been paid for.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Ok click this link:https://ngmt.screenconnect.com/?Session=11f7ce2f-1c7e-4c4d-ad25-a179198e6051
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Does it open a page asking you to Join your session?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I click on join session I get three little menus asking me to save then download then run.......but no connection
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Click on Run
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry tried again but no connection......
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
We can try another way:Go to www.teamviewer.com then download and install Team Viewer.The program will give you a code and a password ***** you need to give me.Is that something you can do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Have downloaded but no code / pw.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why is this not working?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
What is it showing?