Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Re MS OutlookIs it possible to create a different global

Customer Question

re MS Outlook
Is it possible to create a different global format setting (other than the factory default setting) for all directories within MS Outlook?
Every time I open a new directory, I have to go through the fairly laborious process to create the following settings:
1) change "view" to turn "reading pane" off
2) change "arrange by" to turn off " "Show in groups"
3) change field chooser to insert "to" between "from" and "subject" which are part of the default setting
It would be great if I could set my own standard setting but there appears to be no such option in "control panel"
Loudon XXXXXXXXX
XXXX XXXX, XXXXXXX XXXX, XXXXX, XXXXXXX XXX XXX
Office: +XX XXXX XXXXXX Mobile: +XXXXXX XXXXXX ***@******.***
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Adam
Thank you for your reply. I am happy to wait but please could you get someone to explain why I have been charged £13 for this when I thought that I had opted or a free trial? I was aolo towels that I would only be charged on the basis of 100% satisfaction which I have obviously not yet hadLou***** *****lees
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I'll have a customer service rep email you explaining the free trial/payment system.
Adam
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, please keep lookingLoudon
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any news on thisLou***** *****lees
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which version of outlook your using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this the answer that you are looking for?Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - 6.1.4601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601If not how do I find out what you need?Loudon
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No sorry, thats the version of Windows you have, I need to know the version of Outlook please eg: outlook 2010
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I find that information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is Office 365 the answer?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure Loudon as I do not know what you have installed sorry.
Are you using it via your web browser?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will ask the man that does know - probably tomorrow now
L
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks.
Please try to get the exact version.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
His answer is Outlook 2013
L
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
To turn it off, Get into the Inbox folder and click View > Reading Pane > Off
To do this, On the View tab, in the Conversations group, select Show as Conversations check box.
This you cannot change sorry
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am fully aware of this and I do it every time I open a new directory. The point of my question is whether there is some way that I can create this as an automated default setting to be in place every time I open a file rather than having to change the factory default every time.
Loudon
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No sorry, there is no default setting for this.