Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I am having problems with my pdf reader programm. I have

Customer Question

I am having problems with my pdf reader programm.
I have a windows RS Surface running on windows 8.1
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Which PDF reader are you having this issue with, please? May I set up a quick, secure remote session to check the issue now? Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the reader that was on the tablet when I purchased it
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I see. May we go ahead with the remote session now, so that I can connect directly to your screen (no extra charge) and fix the program for you? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK. Let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=cbb0017c-da41-4d84-9432-a0c7f5848ded On the page that opens up, click "I Agree". Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the bottom of your browser window.) I'll then be connected. Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Please accept my apologies; I'm not able to take phone calls at the moment. However, please follow the directions provided in my above reply to connect to the remote session, and I'll assist you quickly with this issue thereafter. Thanks!
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=cbb0017c-da41-4d84-9432-a0c7f5848ded On the page that opens up, click "I Agree". Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the bottom of your browser window.) I'll then be connected. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your remote access app will not run on my machine
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, I see. Let's try a different remote tool now.Please open up the following link now:http://tinyurl.com/azwl8guSave the file, when prompted. Next, open up the downloaded "TeamViewerQS_en" file from your downloads.Reply back to me with the ID and password ***** by the TeamViewer window. Please make sure to keep that window running as well. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This one will not run either
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
That's odd - do you get any error/message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just that this application will not run on this machine
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Just to clarify, are you unable to open up any EXE programs on your computer now? What happens when you try to open up the PDF Reader?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot see a separate PDF Reader in the programme files
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK. Now, open up the following link:https://www.teamviewer.com/hi/index.aspx Click on the green "Start Full Version" button on the page, and download and run the file when prompted. Are you able to open it up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once again This app will not run on this pcIt then also says go to Microsoft store
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK; allow me just a moment, please.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, back - sorry about the brief delay; I was looking up this issue further.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Now, please try to download Adobe Reader, using the following link:https://get.adobe.com/reader/ Are you able to install this program all right, or do you get any error/message? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought that I recognised this when I opened it as I tried this before.However the same response "This app cannot run on this pc"
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK; this indicates a much more serious issue with your PC, as it's not able to open ANY program file at all. Looking this up now; allow me just a moment.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK; when did you first start having this issue with opening files? Also, please try downloading Adobe Reader one more time using the following link this time:http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ Make sure that you save the file to your system first, and then open it up. Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problems started todaySame response - App will not run on this pcI have to sign off now so I think that I will now have to return to the store where I purchased the pc
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Ok; please wait just a moment - I'll provide you with the solution that should definitely roll back all of these issues. Please stand by; typing up the steps now.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Now, please press the Windows key + R (on your keyboard) to bring up the RUN box. Type in rstrui and press ENTER. Does a System Restore window come up this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Error messageWindows cannot find rstrui
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK; your system seems to be quite broken now - so let's do a system refresh next. One minute, providing you with the directions now.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK. Now, let's carry out a System Refresh which will restore your system files back to factory defaults, but leave all of your personal data, e.g. documents, pictures, etc., intact. Any program that you installed yourself will be uninstalled during the process, but you will be able to reinstall them later on. This will resolve the issue with opening programs as well. Point your cursor to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings. Click Update and recovery, and then click Recovery. Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, click Get started. Follow the instructions on the screen. After the process is complete, please let me know if resolves your issues with the system itself. You may get back to this page anytime later on, through your emails received from JustAnswer. Thank you.