Shefin
Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I have lost my contrast it has just faded on my laptop

Customer Question

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. It seems that the issue is with the display inverter, which provides light for the display. Please try the following. Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).Normally power on the notebook.If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up. If the issue persists, try moving the Laptop display front and back and check if you get any change. Thank you.S H E F I N