Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I cannot shut my computer down by clicking on the Microsoft

I cannot shut my computer down by clicking on the Microsoft symbol help?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10? May I set up a quick, secure remote session to check the issue now? Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=0594ec79-d885-4a0d-bcba-6fe18b2d389f On the page that opens up, click "I Agree".Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the bottom of your browser window.)I'll then be connected. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and am not familiar with it yet
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
No issues; please see my above reply - follow the steps to download and RUN the remote file using the link I provided, and we will be connected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am doing this on my iPad as I cannot get into my email on my desktop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My iPad says it will download
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I see; you need to open up the remote link on your desktop itself. One moment, I'll provide you with a shortened link to type in and open up on the desktop now.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK; please type in and open up the following link on your desktop's browser now:www.tinyurl.com/carolJA On the page that opens up, click "I Agree".Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the bottom of your browser window.)I'll then be connected. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just entered e details into google on my desktop and it is your website. What do I do now?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK; do you see a green "I Agree" button on that page?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the remote session. Please update me on the results on this page itself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is just restarting and initializing
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK; do let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still whizzing round!
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, shouldn't take much longer :) I'll be here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it is taking so long
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
No issues at all; please take your time and keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has said the system restore did not work it mentions an error(O0x80070005)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says I can restore for another point
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, I see - that's a quite generic error code. Please go ahead and use the 01/06 restore point this time; if it still does not work, I'll set up another remote session and assist you further with the issue. Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually all the task bars have now come up at the bottom so something worked should I close the system restore window?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Oh, I see - so you are able to open up and use the Start menu now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Great, so it looks like the system restore did complete successfully; please go ahead and check if you are able to restart/shutdown as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pressed restart and the message said my pc had an error so it was sorting it still whizzing! Of now should I shut it down now?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Yes, please shut it down and boot up again - let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All looks OK many thanks for your help and patience Baranrath. I will now have a look at the Microsoft guide properly before I use it!
Best wishes
Carol
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK, perfect! Thank you, ***** ***** a great day ahead :)