Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I cannot shut my computer down by clicking on the Microsoft

I cannot shut my computer down by clicking on the Microsoft symbol help?
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10? May I set up a quick, secure remote session to check the issue now? Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.
Thank you. Let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=0594ec79-d885-4a0d-bcba-6fe18b2d389f On the page that opens up, click "I Agree".Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the bottom of your browser window.)I'll then be connected. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and am not familiar with it yet
No issues; please see my above reply - follow the steps to download and RUN the remote file using the link I provided, and we will be connected.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am doing this on my iPad as I cannot get into my email on my desktop
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My iPad says it will download
I see; you need to open up the remote link on your desktop itself. One moment, I'll provide you with a shortened link to type in and open up on the desktop now.
OK; please type in and open up the following link on your desktop's browser now:www.tinyurl.com/carolJA On the page that opens up, click "I Agree".Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the bottom of your browser window.)I'll then be connected. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have just entered e details into google on my desktop and it is your website. What do I do now?
OK; do you see a green "I Agree" button on that page?
Thank you for the remote session. Please update me on the results on this page itself.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is just restarting and initializing
OK; do let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still whizzing round!
Okay, shouldn't take much longer :) I'll be here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry it is taking so long
No issues at all; please take your time and keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It has said the system restore did not work it mentions an error(O0x80070005)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It says I can restore for another point
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you there?
Hmm, I see - that's a quite generic error code. Please go ahead and use the 01/06 restore point this time; if it still does not work, I'll set up another remote session and assist you further with the issue. Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Actually all the task bars have now come up at the bottom so something worked should I close the system restore window?
Oh, I see - so you are able to open up and use the Start menu now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Great, so it looks like the system restore did complete successfully; please go ahead and check if you are able to restart/shutdown as well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I pressed restart and the message said my pc had an error so it was sorting it still whizzing! Of now should I shut it down now?
Yes, please shut it down and boot up again - let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All looks OK many thanks for your help and patience Baranrath. I will now have a look at the Microsoft guide properly before I use it!
Best wishes
Carol
OK, perfect! Thank you, ***** ***** a great day ahead :)