Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have Microsoft surface 3 with keyboard. I have lost any option

I have Microsoft surface 3 with keyboard. I have lost any option of accessing the device. The keyboard is not working and when I swipe the lock screen and try to use touch screen the lock screen activates again.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the surface and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the surface and use it.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,Thank you for your reply. I've tried what you suggest and the surface is now working. Thank you SO much!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your most welcome!
It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Much appreciated and an excellent rating on its way :-)