Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I get this message when I try to open my word 2007-2010

Hi I get this message when I try to open my word 2007-2010 document file using LibreOffice:
File format error found at
SAXParseException: '[word/document.xml line 2]: Attribute w:cstheme redefined
', Stream 'word/document.xml', Line 2, Column 457486(row,col).
and this message when I open it with Microsoft office:
it says that there is problems with the contents or the file name.
please help me retrieve my work.
Thank you so much
Cheers!
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. This could mean that the file was corrupt due to objects embedded in the document. Can you please send me a copy of the Word file so that I can fix and recover your data? You can upload it here in your reply using the paper clip icon, or you can upload it to http://filesXpress.com and then give me the short download link.Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess,Thank you for your reply, just to make sure the last page has the references, because I opened it using WordPad but it has only 29 pages not until the references page, approximately half of the work.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with the problem file. Please give me a moment. If this file is corrupt, I will try my best to recover your work but some of it will be lost -- the corrupt part.I will get back to you shorty.Regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for patiently waiting. I tried to recover it and I can only get 28 pages. Approximately how many pages is this document?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Above 40 pages, the last page that you opened has the objectives I guess (3 points at the end).put the original one has the methodology approximately 4k words, other section and finally the references page.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I am very sorry but I believe those parts of the document was lost and cannot be recovered using the file you sent me. Please check the size of the file -- it is only 447KB. That is very small for a 40+ page document.Your next option is to look for your autosave files in your MS Word.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the one I have is 489 KB is this also small for 40+ pages?I was working on LibreOffice on my Macbook, please guide me through the autosave if it applicable to LibreOffice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my last modification was on the 3rd January.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Did you create the whole document in LibreOffice in your Macbook?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I took a copy from the word document on my Dell and proceeded my work since October on the LibreOffice, I guess all what I did using the LibreOffice is corrupt. :(
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I am very sorry about that. But LibreOffice does not save files as DOCX by default. Can you please check, if you have saved the file in the default LibreOffice file format? The entire document could have been there but in a different (ODT) format that only LibreOffice can open.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the message I get from LibreOffice when I try to open the Word Document:File format error found at
', Stream 'word/document.xml', Line 2, Column 457486(row,col).it is saved as Microsoft Word 2007-2013 docxand it used to work, put this time I do not know what is the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
" But LibreOffice does not save files as DOCX by default. Can you please check, if you have saved the file in the default LibreOffice file format? "I am sorry but I did not get what you mean, or what should I check, or how to check the word document if it does not open.so sorry.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Please do these:Open LibreOffice in your MacClick on File => OpenIn the File Type box, select the Text Documents instead of All FilesThen check if there is an ODT file with the same name as your DOCX file
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unfortunately, I did not find any other files, and it gives me the same error message.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Did you enable Autosave and Autobackup in your LibreOffice program?If yes, then your corrupt file could have been backed up automatically.Can I remotely access your Mac so that I can check for these possible backups?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($5) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure but I don't think that I enabled autosave.Yes I agree, but I want to pay the amount as soon as we finish.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but in order to initiate the remote session, the formal offer must be accepted. Do not worry, we guarantee our service and you can always get your money back if you are not satisfied with my service.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.1. Please click on this link:https://join.me/2. In that page, please click on the orange "Start meeting" button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. After downloading, double click on the downloaded file to run the remote access tool to join me in the remote session.5. Then share your screen and then give me the 9-digit code that you will see in the small JoinMe window. I will be waiting for the 9-digit code.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thats fine, you deserve it for your time and effort.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
497-473-812
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Muna.Please give me a moment to connect.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
The code is incorrect or the small joinme window is closed. If it is open there, please give me the correct 9-digit code. If it is closed, please open it again, give me the code and keep it open.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
https://join.me/597-473-812
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Muna,Thank you for your patience. Your corrupt file was opened normally without the error in your Pages but unfortunately, like the results of the recovery process I made, some parts of your document is missing and will not be recoverable using the original file since they were not included or saved in the file. I hope you can use your most recent backup to bring back some of your work.Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you Jess