Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

How do I turn on windows defender?

Customer Question

How do I turn on windows defender?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me which version of windows you have please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 8
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
On the start screen where all the tiles are, type Windows Defender to have Windows search for the program, then click on the Windows Defender icon when it appears in the results. A Windows Defender window will appear on the classic desktop. If Microsoft's security software is disabled, you'll seen a lot of scary red tones alongside an "At risk" warning and an image of a computer screen with a big X on it.
Next, click on the Settings tab at the top of the window. Make sure "Real-time protection" is selected in the left pane, then check the box next to "Turn on real-time protection (recommended)." Finally, click Save Changes at the bottom of the Window.
It is then started
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I go to start there is no where to type anything.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you just start typing when your on the start page.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just says that it has been switched off. No options it just has a close window
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you then need to click on the settings tab to turn it on.I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to spend any more money. Just help me.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID 855 692 708
Sorry for delay
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
no problem, though I need the password ***** well please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
9331
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting now