jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I have a Product Key on the rear label attached to my Sony

Customer Question

I have a Product Key on the rear label attached to my Sony Vaio laptop and I assume is for the Windows Products installed under Windows 7. I have recently upgraded to Win 10 and when I try to activate the key for Microsoft Office I get a message "This is not a valid Office Product Key.
The Product Key Number is *****
I have been using Office Starter Word and Excel since purchasing the laptop without any problem - can you explain why the product key is invalid please.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Please be informed that, the key that you have on the rear side of your computer is for the Windows and not for Office. Office Starter that came with your computer was a free program and you will not be able to activate it again. Because Microsoft stopped providing Office Starter or its download. Even if you go back to Windows 7, it will not work. In this case, you can do either of the following. 1. Purchase and install new office version for your computer.2. Download and install Open Office, which a free program which has all the functions of Microsoft Office, and you can open all your old Office files with Open office. You can download and install Open office from the link below. Use Full installation option.http://www.openoffice.org/download/ If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N