Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

I wonder if you can help me?I am trying to mail merge

Hi, I wonder if you can help me?
I am trying to mail merge e-mails from 2010 word through my hotmail.com. However I can;t seem to send them out.
I have been through all the steps as suggested but to no avail.
Any help greatly appreciated
Dick **
***
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi, What happens when you get the final step and click on Electronic Mail? (or do you not get to that step)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The message on the mail merge box for and finish and merge is "send e-mail messages" Clicking on this a message box ""merge to email appears"
Clicking on O.K. makes it disappear! But no message is sent!
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Do you have Outlook setup on your computer? The emails at the end are sent through the Outlook program.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have Outlook but I'm not sure of the version I have is compatible with word 2010. How will I find out?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Do you have Outlook setup with the Hotmail account loaded into it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. When I load hotmail the Outlook version loads up.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
There is some confusion because of how Microsoft decided to changed Hotmail into Outlook. There is a different between going to your Hotmail account and it showing Outlook and using the actual Outlook program. It can be very confusing and I am not quite sure why they did that. If you open the Outlook program (not the website), is Hotmail loaded in there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I open the outlook program?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
It would be installed on your computer. You can click on the Start menu and search for Outlook. It would be next to Word 2010 in the Office 2010 category
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found it and when I clicked on it, Hotmail (Outlook.com) opened.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
You must be selecting something else because Outlook.com is not what we are looking for. We need the program called Outlook 2010
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found outlook 2010 next in Microsoft office Clicked on it and nothing happened. Should a program appear?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Yes, a program should open
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try again. What should open?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
The program called Outlook 2010 should open. Would you prefer if I connected to your computer instead?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Outlook was launched but I now have to configure it.it is asking for the password ***** the internet provider gave me! I'm not sure which one. Is it the one for the e-mail account or some other?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
The password ***** be for your Hotmail account
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done that and I am waiting for the search for server settings. A new message box has popped up asking for installation of Outlook Hotmail Connector. Should I install this?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can install that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was a message to say that it wasn't possible to connect vis an encrypted file(?) Attempt via unencrypted also failed. I am downloading and installing the connector file
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Okay, let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Outlook 2010 opened but there are no e-mails on my hotmail account. The folders which I created in hotmail are there but no e-mails! Any suggestions?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Did you setup your Hotmail account in Outlook? It sounds like you didn't setup the hotmail account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. How is that done please?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Open OutlookClick on FileUnder Account Information, select Add Account
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Josh,
I now have some old e-mails but nothing after 11/11/2015! Any suggestions?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Don't worry about the emails. (That is only showing in the program, not your online account) If you setup the Hotmail correctly, go back and try the mail merge again.