Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Madam, I have an excel application add on which

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have an excel application add on which I have used successfully for a number of years on a variety of PCs. It was working yesterday on this computer (windows 10 with Excel 2016) , but today has disappeared from the top of the screen (ribbon/toolbar?). Under file/options/add-ins I can see that the application is listed as inactive. If I then press the manage COM add ins at the bottom of this screen, then tick the box and press ok to activate it, it doesn't have any effect. I can inactive and then reactivate other Apps without a problem. Any ideas ?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Could you let me know which Excel add-in are you referring to here? May I set up a quick, secure remote session (NO extra charge) to check the issue now? Please reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its called ExcelIntegrationTools and I agree to a remote sessionThanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
(Please disregard any phone call offer if it shows up on your screen, and instead follow the steps below.) Okay, no issues. Let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5a858bc4-1b4d-4edf-a20a-ed5e96b907eeOn the page that opens up, click "I Agree".Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the bottom of your browser window.)I'll then be connected. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok doing now
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the remote session. Kindly update me on the results when the restore is complete, on this page itself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi There Mr Rath, the app is now working - I didn't even have to activate it, so that's good. My residual question is does this mean that the next download of the trusteer software will cause the same problem ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, that's great :) Now, the next automatic update for Trusteer might indeed break this add-in again, so I would advise you to turn off automatic updates for the program for now, as follows: Open up the Trusteer Rapport Console using the search button on your taskbar. Click More Settings. The Product Settings tab appears. Uncheck Automatic software updates. The User Approval tab appears. Type in the characters shown, and click OK. This should do it. You may leave this option unchecked for about a month or so, allowing Trusteer to patch this at their end with another future update/release.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
If you need further assistance with this issue anytime later on, please be sure to reply back on this question page itself.And, if you could kindly click on (and submit) one of the star buttons at the top of this page to rate my service, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
If you are not able to see the stars buttons at the top, please click on a smiley face just below this reply to rate my service accordingly. Thanks again :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I will do this for sure. But first I have a stupid question how do I get the taskbar ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Oh, you just need to click on the circle icon just next to the Start button (at the top-right corner of your screen); this will bring up the search box - type in "trusteer" and open up the Trusteer Rapport Console from there. Also, one more thing:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry yes got it and turned off automatic updates - thanks very much for your help. I shall rate you excellent (unless you object of course!)
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I have done some further research on Trusteer in the meantime; it's produced by IBM, and it looks like it has tied up with a few banks (for a fee) to have them offer this software to their customers. From what I have been able to look up, it's definitely NOT required for anything on your system, and might cause further conflicts with your already installed Norton program as well. A lot of users have reported the software having broken other functions as well, on their systems.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hence, I'd advise you to uninstall the program completely in order to prevent further issues, by RIGHT-CLICKing on the Start button and selecting Control Panel. From there, go to Programs > Uninstall a Program, and uninstall Trusteer Protection accordingly. This will keep the system safe from future issues with the software, and Norton will continue to keep the system safe itself. Thank you!
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for the generous bonus as well; I really appreciate it :) Take care, and do let me know if you would like me to assist with anything else!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - have a good day. I'm very happy you solved my problem