Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Whilst working on a Word document I have inadvertently

Whilst working on a Word document I have inadvertently clicked something that suddenly produced Paragraph icons all over the page, together with dots between the text.
Please can you help me get rid of them
Martin
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Martin, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. In order to hide these paragraph marks and other non-printing marks from showing, you need to click on the paragraph button. The location of this paragraph button depends on the version of MS Word you are using.In Word 2010, it is in the HOME menu/tab, under the Paragraph group of commands.Here is my screen shot:http://filesxpress.com/d-bd415077If that Show/Hide paragraph button is highlighted, it means the marks are revealed. Just click on it to turn it off and the marks will not be shown. I hope that helped. Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Jess. I should have said that I had Word 2003, that's my fault. But your advice and screen shot of Word 2010 got me looking in the right place. So simple but I'd never noticed that paragraph icon before. All sorted.
Martin