Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have outlook exchange and i have lost my password. i

Customer Question

hi
i have outlook exchange and i have lost my password. i have two step security, but no access to the registered phone no on the account.
how do i reset my password?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The easiest method is to call the phone number (your old one) and explain to the person what has happened and if they can tell you the code. I suggest this as in my experience it is the quickest solution for you.
Are you able to do this?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that isnt an option. The phone number is ***** in use
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, did you specify a recovery phone number or security questions when setting up the account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not set up the account, so im not sure. The person who set it up is no longer with the company
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, please click on my link below, its going to take you through the recovery process. It is a questionaire so you need to try to fill in the information as accuratly as possible.
Tell me what the results are when you complete the form
https://account.live.com/acsr?rollrs=04
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Else Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
every time i fill out the form it finds a problem with one of the email addresses i supply (even though there is no problem) then when i retype it, it wont submit the form.
which is annoying...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Whats the exact message it gives?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you provide me the email address I can check this myself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it doesnt give a message, it wont submit. i see that several of the boxes are a different colour (as if they contain the incorrect information). Maybe this is preventing the form from submitting?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The boxes will need to be entered in correctly, else it wont proceed but I cannot see exactly what is entered or what its saying to see what the actual issue is.
I can ask an additional service connect to your computer and we can do this together?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, how do we proceed?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
888 910 370xv82n6
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi richard
what do i do next?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I sent the messages to you, but it appeared you dissapeared?
No problem, Ill repeat what I told you there.
The form is submitted, so you now need to wait up to 24 hours for Microsoft to review the request and respond with their results. Either they believe you are not the owner, ask for more information or give the link to reset the password.
This goes to the Gmail account you sent in the request we did together.
Let me know how it goes please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks, ***** ***** you posted
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They Microsoft are refusing to assist. See below. What next?We recently received a request to recover your Microsoft account***@******.***. Unfortunately, we were unable to verify your ownership of this account using the information you provided. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously, and our commitment to protecting your personal information requires that we take the utmost care in ensuring that you are the account owner.Please submit a new account verification form
At this point, your best option is to submit a new form with as much accurate information as you can gather. The more information you can include in the form, the better the chance you’ll have of regaining access to your account. We’ve included a few tips below to help you fill out the form as completely and accurately as possible.> Submit a new formHelpful tips for filling out another form:Answer as many questions as you can.
Use the information you provided when you created the account, or last updated it.
Submit the form from a computer you frequently use.
You will be asked to list recently used email addresses and the subject lines from recent emails. Ask for help from family members, friends, or business contacts to confirm their email addresses and tell you the subject lines of the last three emails you sent them.
Make sure to use the correct domain for your account, such as hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com. Keep in mind that your email address may be country specific. For example, if you created your account in Sweden, your domain would be “hotmail.co.se” rather than “hotmail.com”.
Ready?> Submit a new formThank you,Microsoft Support TeamMicrosoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052
USAAccount recovery request###-##-####is now closed. Please do not reply to this message. Replies to this message are routed to an unmonitored mailbox.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, do you have a facebook account as there is one option left.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do have a facebook account. Hardly ever use it, but it exists & i can log into it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, sign in and go here
https://www.facebook.com/outlook/?fref=ts
Send a message to them there. Can take some time for them to reply but when they do, explain the situation to them to see if they will manually intervene.
If this fails you will need to create a new account, but see how this goes as it has been successful in the past.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK will let you know how I get on.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you