Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Am using Windows 10. My laptop at bootup alerted me to a porn

Customer Question

Am using Windows 10. My laptop at bootup alerted me to a porn virus. The page suggested I contact Microsoft Security. After doing this they transferred to a company called Triumph Solutions. Would you be able to confirm that they are a genuine company? They connected to my laptop and said I had a porn virus together with evidence of a lot of Betting Sites. Now my laptop is frozen. Triumph Solutions said they had a fix they could download for a fee £129.99 and an annual subscription of £79.99. I really hope you can help please. Our phone number is ***** 650722 and my name is*****
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
No they are not Mike and it is a scam message that they are doing.
Do not call them, its just bad web page designed to trick you to call them, they then charge you money and pretend to remove a non existant virus.
Ignore the message please, you have no issues on the computer
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, when I click on Microsoft Edge the alert comes up from Triumph Solutions that was there earlier, is there anyway I can delete it, as I am very concerned they can access my laptop. Kind regards Mike
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, they cannot access your laptop Mike, but to remove it, in Edge, click the three bars in the top right then Settings, then Clear Browsing Data (the button under it)
Click Clear
Then navigate to another page and you should then be ok
Let me know the results please