Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I use Outlook Express. I am able to receive emails. I appear

I use Outlook Express. I am able to receive emails. I appear to be able to send them and they appear in 'sent' items. However they are not being received by the intended recipients. This has been the problem for approx. 10 days but I have only just discovered this.
BT is my broadband provider and I have spoken with them. They say there is no problem with my broadband and I should contact you as it is an Outlook Express problem and settings may need to be changed.
Can you please clarify.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Is your email address ending with @btinternet.com?Also, are ALL of your SENT emails NOT received by ALL the recipients? Or just be SOME or a GROUP of recipients? (Like cannot send to Hotmail or Gmail users) Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My email ends @btinternet.com
My sent emails are not being rec'd by anyone
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about your issues. There are few reasons behind this scenario.First, the email could still be NOT sent but Outlook is faulty and it reports as being sent and placed in the Sent folder.Second, the email could actually been sent already but the receiver did not get it since either his email program filtered the email or delivered the email to the Spam or Junk folder.Third, your email could have been blocked or blacklisted thus nothing is received from your email address. This is true for hacked accounts.Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No one is receiving our emails through Outlook Express. We are able to send and receive emails via BT Internet connection.
How would we know if we have been hacked?
Is it possible for you to explain to me how to fix the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We would prefer not to phone due to the additional cost. Thank you.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back and I respect your decision if you do not want the remote option.When you access your email through BT or through a web server, do you see "Yahoo" there? If yes, then in your BT email page, position the mouse over your name at the top right, then click on Account Info in the menu that appears.Then click on Recent Activity on the left panel.There you shall see if your account was accessed from a different location that you cannot recognize.Keep me posted.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We were unable to do as you suggest as when we used BT we could not see Yahoo . We would be pleased if you will access remotely and confirm the maximum charge will be $15 for you to sort the situation for us. Thank you
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your permission to do remote access. Yes, the fee of 15 is a flat fee regardless of how long the session takes.I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. 1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=be4ac260-76b4-4fb6-95a5-9aefcd977c952. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess