Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have just been advised by E-Mail from the microsoft account

I have just been advised by E-Mail from the microsoft account team to change my password. It also states this is a security alert
I suspect someone is endeavoring to hack into my account. Please advise whether this alert has comr from you
Mike sShutz
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is a fake email, made to trick you into clicking the link. The link takes you to a site that looks like its a microsoft web page but is actually a fake page, where they can then obtain your details and use this to get into your account.
Please delete the email. Microsoft will never email you about anything to do with your security or password. Any instructions or messages you will see when you sign into your account.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.