Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have tried installing Windows 10 upgrade 3 times & keep getting

I have tried installing Windows 10 upgrade 3 times & keep getting the following message''"Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586
Error(###) ###-####
I presently have version 7 Ultimate.
How can I properly install Version 10 ?
Ray
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Click the Start button and Copy the following text into the search and press enter
Cmd /c ren %systemroot%\System32\Spupdsvc.exe Spupdsvc.old
then try to perform the upgrade again.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have inserted the text you quoted & then tried to reinstall Upgrade to Version 10. HOWEVER, there were so many choices to select from that I am totally confused ! I am also now concerned that this new Version 10 might in fact severely affect my existing files & photo files I have created over the years ! I am 71 yrs old & not very good with computers.
PLEASE NOTE THAT although I was prepared to pay £28 fgor an answer to my question & for the one week trial period- I Do NOT want monthly cover thereafter !!
That is no problem, it is a one time service.
You need to first backup your files, this is always recommended before upgrading.
But what choices are you confused by?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just don't know where to click on all the different selections available that appear re installing Version 10, or correcting errors etc etc.
ok... tell me what selections you are being offered please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've got to come out of this page now to look at the selections & only hope I can get back to your page !! This remote tech support offer- do I have to pay ANOTHER £28 ?
Yes, but as I indicated its an Optional service, as I see your having difficulties giving me the information I need...
Else we continue here via messaging
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'll try to get the info you require & try to get back to you- BUT I am beginning to regret all this already. So far I would rate my £28 as one star only !!
ok, I am sorry you only see my service so poorly I am sorry to have to ask you for information, but I cannot of course guess what your seeing.
By the sounds of it your not getting the error anymore, so it appears you initial problem is actually fixed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No idea if my original error has been fixed as I cannot see where to re-start loading Version 10. These are some of the numerous selections I get .. Windows 10 Upgrade Microsoft
Windows Update Problems-Fix Windows Update in 2 mins"myturbopc.com
How to upgrade to Windows 10
How to install Windows 10 on your PC
How to upgrade from Wondows 7 or 8 to Windows 10(Right now)
Windows 10 November update
How to upgrade to Windows 10- Microsoft
Your looking at a web page..
In the bottom right you will see the windows icon, click it and there you can upgrade.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Richard,
Apologies for the delay- but have been trying to install Windows 10 . Pleased to say it has now worked OK.. I am pleased to rate your reply as *4 now !! & would have given you a *5 if only you had mentioned in your reply to install Windows 10 by clicking on the window icon bottom right ! For someone like me(not an expert & elderly) it would have made everything much simpler ! But, thanks anyway for sorting my problem out. All I have to do now is get used to Windows 10 !
Ray
Thanks Ray,
In my last message though I said
"In the bottom right you will see the windows icon, click it and there you can upgrade."
So I did say that!!
But no problem, 4 stars is ok.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What I meant was if you had mentioned "by clicking on window bottom right " immediately after you had first mentioned " then try to perform the upgrade again". Although you did mention it much later on after I had gone into Windows etc etc., had you inserted those words right in the beginning in the line after "copy the following text" and the actual text, I wouldn't have been faced with trying to find out again how to download version 10 again !
Sorry- still only a *4 !!!
Ray
no problem Ray! thanks and enjoy windows 10