Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have tried installing Windows 10 upgrade 3 times & keep getting

Customer Question

I have tried installing Windows 10 upgrade 3 times & keep getting the following message''"Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586
Error(###) ###-####
I presently have version 7 Ultimate.
How can I properly install Version 10 ?
Ray
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Click the Start button and Copy the following text into the search and press enter
Cmd /c ren %systemroot%\System32\Spupdsvc.exe Spupdsvc.old
then try to perform the upgrade again.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have inserted the text you quoted & then tried to reinstall Upgrade to Version 10. HOWEVER, there were so many choices to select from that I am totally confused ! I am also now concerned that this new Version 10 might in fact severely affect my existing files & photo files I have created over the years ! I am 71 yrs old & not very good with computers.
PLEASE NOTE THAT although I was prepared to pay £28 fgor an answer to my question & for the one week trial period- I Do NOT want monthly cover thereafter !!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That is no problem, it is a one time service.
You need to first backup your files, this is always recommended before upgrading.
But what choices are you confused by?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just don't know where to click on all the different selections available that appear re installing Version 10, or correcting errors etc etc.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok... tell me what selections you are being offered please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've got to come out of this page now to look at the selections & only hope I can get back to your page !! This remote tech support offer- do I have to pay ANOTHER £28 ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but as I indicated its an Optional service, as I see your having difficulties giving me the information I need...
Else we continue here via messaging
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try to get the info you require & try to get back to you- BUT I am beginning to regret all this already. So far I would rate my £28 as one star only !!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I am sorry you only see my service so poorly I am sorry to have to ask you for information, but I cannot of course guess what your seeing.
By the sounds of it your not getting the error anymore, so it appears you initial problem is actually fixed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No idea if my original error has been fixed as I cannot see where to re-start loading Version 10. These are some of the numerous selections I get .. Windows 10 Upgrade Microsoft
Windows Update Problems-Fix Windows Update in 2 mins"myturbopc.com
How to upgrade to Windows 10
How to install Windows 10 on your PC
How to upgrade from Wondows 7 or 8 to Windows 10(Right now)
Windows 10 November update
How to upgrade to Windows 10- Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your looking at a web page..
In the bottom right you will see the windows icon, click it and there you can upgrade.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
Apologies for the delay- but have been trying to install Windows 10 . Pleased to say it has now worked OK.. I am pleased to rate your reply as *4 now !! & would have given you a *5 if only you had mentioned in your reply to install Windows 10 by clicking on the window icon bottom right ! For someone like me(not an expert & elderly) it would have made everything much simpler ! But, thanks anyway for sorting my problem out. All I have to do now is get used to Windows 10 !
Ray
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ray,
In my last message though I said
"In the bottom right you will see the windows icon, click it and there you can upgrade."
So I did say that!!
But no problem, 4 stars is ok.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I meant was if you had mentioned "by clicking on window bottom right " immediately after you had first mentioned " then try to perform the upgrade again". Although you did mention it much later on after I had gone into Windows etc etc., had you inserted those words right in the beginning in the line after "copy the following text" and the actual text, I wouldn't have been faced with trying to find out again how to download version 10 again !
Sorry- still only a *4 !!!
Ray
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
no problem Ray! thanks and enjoy windows 10