Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I use Windows 10 which has been working fine until this

Customer Question

I use Windows 10 which has been working fine until this morning. I tried to set up a second user account. This seemed to work fine. But when I then tried to get into my own account again I had to re-sign in and now I have lost everything on my computer - Office 365, all my documents, pictures etc., and my customised desktop has totally gone.
I wonder if you can help me find things?
Category: Microsoft
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
If you lost everything, it means you signed into the wrong account, and you need to sign into the correct one.
Click on the windows logo in the bottom left, then Settings.
Click on Accounts, Family & other accounts.
You will then see the other accounts on the computer, and the one that you used before which is what you need to sign into with to get back to your old files and programs.
Let me know how you go please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard - I will try this now. Are you still hanging on?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes of course, I will stay with you till we sort this out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard - I've asked you for a phone call but not sure whether this email exchange was terminated. There was no option for 'family & other accounts' visible - only other stuff. Thus my request for a call.
Pat
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pat,
I would rather connect to your computer instead and check exactly whats going on. I made the request, accept it please and I can connect and check out the situation.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am doing this. Our broadband is v. slow so pse be patient!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. ID is 938 612 363 and p/w is 1693.
Pat
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting now Pat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again - many, many thanks Richard.
Pat
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome Pat!
If you could put that in the review at the top of the page, that would be appreciated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do. We can now sign off I guess. Cheers, Pat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard - if you are still there - my Windows Live mail seems not to be functioning.......... I had huge numbers of emails stored in it. I thought I had seen them downloading... Pat
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, connecting again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard
Hope all is well with you.
I understand from JustAnswer that I can come back to you like this - hope you receive my messge! A couple of days ago you helped me recover lost data for my computer - wonderful service! Yesterday I realised, though, that all my Contacts in Windows Live Mail were missing. Is it possible to download them/recover them?
Cheers,
Pat
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you run teamviewer and give the ID and Password ***** I can connect and see if they are there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am doing this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. The ID is 938 612 363 and the p/w is 8829
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure if we have signed off here, Richard. Anyway - greetings from the Scottish Highlands and thanks for all your efforts - even though, in this case, it didn't work. I will now be seeking further tutorials from everywhere about how to back up stuff effectively. Never seemed to have managed it very well so far.
Cheers,
Pat
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
We are disconnected Pat, and thank you very much!!