jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I inadvertently added a Microsoft account to my laptop. Please,

Customer Question

I inadvertently added a Microsoft account to my laptop. Please, can you tell me, in very simple terms, how to remove it? Many thanks.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.When you say you have added a Microsoft account do you mean you added it on a email program like windows live mail or Mozilla Thunderbird Or does the web browser like Internet explorer or Google chrome shows outlook email only ?Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other?Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it would be best if I just told you what happened, then you will be able to work it out for me! I am 73 years old, and do not understand IT at all. I was on MSN news page, and saw an article from the Guardian newspaper, which I wanted to send to a friend in Holland. So, I clicked on it (which I do, many times, to share it onto Facebook. Then a box appeared which said I could only share it via a Microsoft A/C, so I clicked on that, too. Nothing happened vis a vis the article, but I suddenly found that the email address which follows my name was now Outlook.com, and I had to change my password. That is what I am trying to get rid of. NB I have Windows 8 installed on my laptop.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details ma'am.Could you please click on this yahoo web link and see if you can open your yahoo emails https://login.yahoo.com/?.src=ym&.intl=us&.lang=en-US&.done=https%3a//mail.yahoo.comPlease check it and let me know the result.Sincerely,John
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Were you able to open your yahoo email using the link i gave above?John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not wish to proceed with this. Please confirm I have not been charged and delete all card details
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure why you want to discontinue.Could you please explain why you do not want to continue?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not understand and I will find solution locally
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
If you do not understand i can remote access to your PC with your permission and check the issue directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.If you do not wish to continue with remote support and with our site then let me know i will request to close the question.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much. I would be so grateful if you could close the question. Many apologies, and thank you for your understanding and courtesy.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome.I will request to close this question.Sincerely,John