Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have just moved to Windows 10 on a new computer. I like the

I have just moved to Windows 10 on a new computer. I like the Photo App, although I do not understand how photos I did not think were on my old computer appeared in the App. It is the OLD photos I am having trouble with. I cannot get them to Photo App in the App format and I cannot organise them in their existing folders
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Are these old photos already copied to your NEW Windows 10 PC now?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some were copied by the PC supplier. Others are waiting on discs.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information.Can I remotely access your new Windows 10 PC so that I can directly check this app issues and fix them while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That will be fine
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. 1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=fa9e8fca-f3be-419b-816d-c25e9ffe683f2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thank you for your patience. Your issues were resolved through remote help. With your Photos app, you need to manually add the folders where the images are stored and then perform an system integrity scan.Also, with Picasa now installed, all your pictures are detected with no issues. I highly recommend that you keep Picasa as it is a better and more stable software.Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.Best regards,Jess