Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have an outlook email account and can send receive emails

i have an outlook email account and can send receive emails but am unable to complete mail merge or to make new folders to file mails that I wish to keep but don't want in my in box any more. Is this a set up problem...how do I fix it?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which version of outlook you are using? eg: outlook 2010?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not sure but i got it just before Christmas so I guess it's the latest one! I bought it online
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, that can still mean a few different versions, check in help please and you should see it.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is fine thanks...its version 15.18 and copyrighted 2015 if that helps
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Can you tell me to which email service it is connecting to, and if it is via iMap or Pop you did the connection please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure...how do i find out?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The email service is the company hosting your emails that outlook is connecting to, you generally know what it is from the part After the @ symbol of your email address.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ah! its yogabugs.com
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, when you right click on the email address on the left, you will see a menu.
Like here
Click me to view
Choose New Folder
What then happens?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with mine i have an 'organise' tab
when i click on that there is an icon for make a new folder but it won't let me click it...it's greyed out.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok your in the wrong area, look at the picture I gave you, on the Home tab, this is where you need to be to select it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
haha! Ive just found it and I can click to make a new folder! Thank you! much appreciated.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your most welcome!
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.