Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have an Apple iPad, and my server is Microsoft. I keep

Customer Question

I have an Apple iPad, and my server is Microsoft. I keep getting repeated messages on my screen saying that IMAP is unable to get mail from server. Also, my email facility is not operating correctly. My emails are being deleted after about 2 weeks without me doing it.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Hi there and welcome
On the iPad can you hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo, then release.
Let the iPad restart and tell me please if it then can connect.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I already re-booted my iPad like this before, two or three times. You haven't told me anything new. It didn't work then. So I don't see why it would work now.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok sorry about that, nothing was specified by you on what you have already tried.
I do not wish to upset you any further... so can you tell me what you have already done please.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, but I assumed it was you to whom I wrote what I had already tried, when I first applied for help. I tried to re-boot mt iPad about three times. I wrote to Apple online, and they suggested deleating my email account altogether and then re-opening another one. I deleated my account and then found it difficult to re-open another one, but managed with help. In the meantime, Microsoft wondered what was going on and sent me a security code (actually, I don't know what this is for). None of this made any difference. Now, if I want to refer to an email sent to me about 3 weeks ago, I have to look it up on my Samsung Galaxy smart phone!! Doesn't seem quite right to me. My mail facility was never like this originally.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
thanks for the information.
If you click on my link here
www.hotmail.com
Can you sign into the problem email account?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes, I can sign into my account, no problem. Another thing I forgot to say that my Archive file is always completely empty. What good so that?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, I am not sure what you mean with "What good so that?"
But on your device, go to Settings, Mail, select the account giving the error and select delete account
Tell me when you have please.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I meant "what good is that"! I have gone to Settings and Mail. Now what?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
select the account giving the error and select delete account
Tell me when you have please.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have done this.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
thanks, ***** ***** to settings, general, reset, reset network settings.
Tell me when you have press this please
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have done all the above and reset network settings and rejoined my Broadband supplier.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Now go to settings, Mail and add your microsoft account back.
Does it allow you to add it?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I already had to add my Microsoft account back after I deleted it before, and I cannot see how I can add it to anywhere on my mail account
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, I did not want you to add it before, I wanted you to do only the instructions I gave..
So your saying when you deleted it you added it back again?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes, sorry, but I did not see how I was going to get any further instructions from you without a email facility!
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok... is then the email account now functioning?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes, my email account is functioning.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Perfect, so it is all not working correctly
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Richard, I don't know whether you received my last reply to your comment above. I will repeat it. Thank you very much for all your help. I will not really know whether my email facility is working as it should do for a little while, but I have never reset my network settings before, and my gut feeling is that this is hopefully the answer to my ongoing problem with mail. Anyway, thank you for all your help. Caroline.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
I only received this message but your most welcome Caroline, if the problem returns though, let me know here please.