Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Jess, I am afraid that the work you did on my computer last

Customer Question

Jess, I am afraid that the work you did on my computer last week has not made any difference and the same problem continues. - ie when I open up powerpoint the computer says that it needs to configure ms office files and asks me to wait while it prepares the necessary files.... but it does not complete the job, and so I am unable to work on the powerpoint files. it has been very frustrating for me and I really do need your help to fix the problem asap.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ger,I am sorry about the persisting issues. If you are available now, we can do another remote session so that I can check and fix the problem again.I am online now and for the next 10 hours.Thank you.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I would really like to connect with you asap. I am free after 7.15 this evening. What do I need to do?
Ger
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ger,Thank you for writing back. It is 12:22AM here by the time of this writing and I am signing off for a long day work. I will be up and online again at 7AM my time, that will be more than 6 hours from this writing.Thank you.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will wait up til your 7am time and will talk on line to you then if that's ok? Ger
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ger, I am online now. Please let me know if you are online so that I can send you a new remote access link.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on line now Jess if you can talk to me online????
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Ger,Here is the new link for the remote session. Download and run the tool:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a5a6af32-04e6-4e84-8b50-c1654a197867
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is now 11.10pmhere in Ireland and I will hold on for a while to see if you are available now to discuss problem. If not tell me time and date that we can connect at.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I just sent you the remote access link. Please visit the link, download the tool and run it.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Geraldine,
Thank you for your patience.
I just fixed the problem with your PowerPoint. It is needed that you run it as Administrator. I already set that up so each time you open PowerPoint, it is opened as Administrator but as a result, you will get a prompt and you just need to click OK.
I have also fixed your Excel issues.
I hope I was able to help.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!
If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Geraldine,How is it going? Is your PowerPoint working now without any issues? Is your excel working fine as well?Also, have you read my note in a Notepad file saved on your desktop screen?I just wrote to follow up with you if all is well now.Thank you.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess, my apologies for delay in getting back to you, as I have been travelling and away. I do want to confirm to you that the problem with my computer has been totally sorted and I am happy with the outcome and will rate the service now. Can you confirm that my credit card details will not be held any longer by the company and that I do not have a membership status which I do not wish to have. Kind regards. Geraldine
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Geraldine,Thank you for your rating and I am glad that your issues were totally resolved. I can see that you have subscribed to our service. However, you can easily turn OFF your subscription, just follow the steps detailed on this link:http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-cancel-my-subscriptionThank you for using our service.Best regards,Jess