michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

I have windows 10. Microsoft edge has disappeared. If I click

I have windows 10. Microsoft edge has disappeared. If I click on the app off the start menu the icon depresses but nothing happens
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.Did you run any windows update and made any changes to the computer recently?when was Edge working fine last time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I have not run any windows updates recently. Edge was working fine on 1st.Feb. I closed down my laptop in the evening, (full shut down). Yesterday, 2nd Feb. when I started up the icon was on the tool bar but did not respond when clicked on it.
What have you tried so far to make i work again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried clicking the icon in the full apps list off the start menu looked for info with google.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps
run troubleshooter from the link given above.
Please remember when we dealing with your issue. It is quite possible and may take more than one step or answer multiple times to solve a problem. In case the answer provided does not help or work dont be dissatisfied, use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button and I will be happy to continue to help. Rating is only required when the problem is fixed or you are 100% Satisfied with the answer provided.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The link suggested to run a restore back to 31st. Jan. This seems to have fixed the problem.
I don't know if this is relevant but when I clicked on to aol (my email provider) a short while ago, via Edge it took me straight back to a q&a form at a safe website and it seems I may not have closed that down properly before shutting down the computer.
Thank you for your guidance
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. If you are unable to follow the steps i gave feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My computer was restored promptly, for which I am very pleased. However, what caused the problem, how it occurred and why is unexplained.