jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I received an email from Microsoft regarding unusual activity

Customer Question

I received an email from Microsoft regarding unusual activity on my live mail emails. I was unable to make contact with Microsoft at the time. Now I can send emails but the recipients are not receiving them. I often put read receipt request on emails and these are not coming up as being read so the emails are obviously not getting sent. I receive very few emails into the live.co.uk account but do not know what the problem is.
I can access the live.co.uk emails on my mobile phone and have the same problem but I am able to access my gmail account from my phone
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Have you tried to access your email account using a web browser like Internet Explorer instead of Windows Live Mail and then send an email there?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to access the account through Internet Explorer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
And were you able to access it and send a test email?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have paid the required fee already and do not see why there is an additional fee when the question has not been answered
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I am very sorry about the confusion. The fees you paid are deposit and you can always get them back if you are not satisfied.Why are you not able to access the account on Internet Explorer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can access the account on Internet Explorer and I can send an email but no one receives it and sent emails are not showing up in my sent box
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about your issues. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I am not prepared to pay any more money. The fact that the initial payment was only a deposit was not stated at the time and had this been made clear at the time I would have either looked at another way of accessing the account or deleting my email account. I am not satisfied with this and will ask for a refund
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I am very sorry if I was not able to help. I really want to help you with this and based on your problem description, I am really certain that the best approach to solving this is through a remote session which unfortunately requires an extra fee.If you want to continue with this question, just let me know. If you want to cancel it, then you can process a refund using the steps in this link:ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refundThank you for using our service.Best regards,Jess