ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

Why can I not access my Microsoft Soiltaire Premium Collec

Why can I not access my Microsoft Soiltaire Premium Collection????
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lillian, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you with this. It sounds like your installation may be corrupted for the program. Can you tell me what version of Windows you're running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows8.1
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.
Okay, have you ever installed an app from the Windows Store before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.
Okay, well let's try something. I want you to go to the icon that you normally click on to launch the Solitaire Collection, right-click it, and you should should get a pop up menu that has an uninstall option. Choose that and the icon should disappear. Give that a shot and let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Micro soft solitaire collection was pre installed on the computer when I bought it I paid the excess to upgrade to premium and have been using it for some time now without any problems until Thursday.
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.
Well as I mentioned, it seems that the installation has gotten corrupted. There aren't going to be many options beyond trying to reinstall the program. If you would like to attempt a System Restore, this will roll your computer back to a previous state and attempt to set it to a time before you were having the problem. Would you like to try the System Restore?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done as you suggested right clicked the uninstall it has now disappeared.
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.
Okay, do you know how to go into the Microsoft Store app?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have never gone into the Micrsoft Store?
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.
Okay, would you be comfortable if I connected to your computer so we could take a look at this together? That might make it easier. Otherwise, I can continue to try to walk you through things over the chat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok connect
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.
Okay, just click on the following link: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=8a5dc057-2a44-45fc-906d-29987e120db3 It's going to ask you if you want to run a file. Go ahead and run that and it should connect me automatically.
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.
Okay, looks like I'm in so now we'll take a look at somet hings.
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.
Is that looking good to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
working again brilliant thank you so much, easy for those that know.
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.
Yes, lucky it was a pretty simple fix. Glad we got it working for you! You'll see a rating box at the top of the screen. Please rate the answer at least 3 Stars/OK Service or better so that I receive credit for assisting you.