Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have need some assistance with Windows Live email.I have

I have need some assistance with Windows Live email.
I have used this email system for a long time, but due to a reboot I lost all email live.
I have reloaded windows essentials and window live is now available.
However it asked me to put in some system information. Although I have some info that was supplied by BT when the broadband was installed I don't think I have used it correctly.
A message comes up Server error 0x800CCC90.
Hope you can help.
William ****
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome William Make sure you are using these settings when setting up your accountServer incoming and out going: mail.btinternet.comEmail user name: (prefix of email address without @btinternet.com)Password: Your BT email password.Log on using clear text authenticationOut Going Server in requires Authentication (Use same as incoming mail server. Some users have found that they need to enter the password ***** username instead of “use same as incoming mail server” )Outgoing Port : 465 SSL securityIncoming Port : 995 SSL securityLet me know please how you go with these settings.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard