michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

My granddaughter has done something to my precious laptop!

Customer Question

Hi. My granddaughter has done something to my precious laptop! Help!
On screen it says there is a problem with starting the computer & it will be restarted for me. The Windows symbol is on the screen & the action symbol is whirring but nothing is happening. Is there anything I can do?
Category: Microsoft
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am working from my iPad since I cannot get into my laptop. Does that make any difference?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.what is the windows operating system you have on the computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 2010
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is an error number which appears on the screen from time to time but disappears too quickly for me to record. Something about "bad system"
Power off the computer and wait for 3 mins power it back on and let me know if it boots to windows fine or you get error on the screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happening. Just the Windows symbol.
Called the customer. Windows running in a loop of driver irql less that equal error and attemptimg repairsTried F8 sequence as well as factory reset sequence but none is workingbefore windows 10 upgrade the laptop toshiba c660 had windows 7 and customer has the discs informed that will have to install windows 7 from disc and there will be data losscustomer agreed as has no impoetant datashe will post on this page once she finds the disc and then will call her to help her with installation of windows 7
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sadly I do not have Windows7 disc so I guess you cannot help me further
we would need either a windows 7 disc or a recovery disc ..if you could arrange it i can guide you further