jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

Just changed to Windows 10 , new computer (previously Vista). I

Customer Question

Just changed to Windows 10 , new computer (previously Vista).
I need to create a couple of contact groups, can't find a way to do it. I want the name of the contact group separate and just add relevant mail addresses. I thought I found a way to do it but it just deleted the addresses from my main list in 'People'. Is it true that this is not possible in Windows 10, can't believe that this is an omission. Roger
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Roger, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using the pre-installed Mail app to do this?What email account do you have there in your email program? Is it a Gmail? Hotmail? etc?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using the pre-installed mail app.
I use BTinternet.com
Is there another App to install ?
My previous Vista was so logical and easy to navigate
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Roger, thank you for writing back with that information.Unfortunately, yes, the pre-installed Mail app that replaced your previous Windows Live Mail is NOT a stable app. You can do more with your email by using another email app instead of that default one.Can I remotely access your computer so that I can check the problem and help you install and setup a better email program for you while you watch?Secure Remote Assistance is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($26) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am OK for you to take over the computer, save telephoning. Why do they sell an incomplete (Windows 10) system, previous versions enabled group contacts to be done.
I might have another query regarding printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have two printers, my main Epson for letters, photos mail etc and a Dymo label printer. Previously both programmes ONLY used their respective printer. Now Windows 10 asks me to select which one to use, waste of time, the printers need to be dedicated to their respective programmes. aaah !
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I have sent you the formal additional service offer. Please accept it so that we can start the remote session.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still not received an offer to view, but received on my iPad ages ago !
Not easy to work out the iPad offer, - hopefully the offer will come on my Windows 10 soon, but Is Windows 10 known to have e;mail issues ? - very slow. Why is the iPad so much quicker ?
Roger
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Roger, I already sent you the offer, you can scroll our chat page there in your device and locate where you can accept it so that we can start the remote session.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, the offer page will not accept my password, ? I did not make a note of it as I did not expect to re-enter it. I thought I remembered it but to no avail. I really am wasting your time, perhaps you should take the fee as we will call it a day.
Unless we can start again, at least you know what I need !
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Yes sure, we can resume with this tomorrow then if you want. You just need to recover your password ***** continue by replying to me here tomorrow so that we can resume.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. OK to resume Thursday BUT how do I recover my password ***** I obviously have got it wrong !
Also please answer the question on the printer situation - can this be fixed in Windows 10 ? - you may need an extra fee.
Roger
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I will fix all of your concerns with your Windows 10 when we are in the Secure Remote Assistance since it will become easier for me since I can see your screen and check your system directly as you watch your screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have so many messages, got a bit lost. I have accepted the computer take over to sort the problem out and carried out the necessary work on 'my account'. What do we do now ? Roger
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Roger,I am sorry for the confusion but the offer I sent you is still there pending waiting for you to accept it. Please accept it, then you will receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.Thank you.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have clicked the 'Accept' button many times, completed my account details. keeps asking me to change passwords etc. getting too much now. Perhaps we will have to leave it, system not really working very well.We have both spent too much time on it.. Probably my fault not being used to your system. Roger
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Roger,Thank you for writing back with that information and I am sorry for the confusion. If you want, I can remotely access your computer and then the first thing that we will do when I am connected to your computer is process the accepting of the offer so that our remote access session can continue. Do you want this option? Just let me know so that I can send you the procedures to remote in.Thank you.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I agree to the 'Offer' and to remote access, and to the £19 charge, Roger
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your permission to use remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. 1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=11255b33-2a8e-480e-b874-9e93842fa1692. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Roger,I understand your concerns. However, we a re a legitimate company with millions of satisfied clients. Please refer to these links:http://ww2.justanswer.com/about-usYou have placed a deposit with us, and here is the link about refunding: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refundThank you for using our service.Best regards,Jess