Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

The search function in my Microsoft Outlook no longer works. I

The search function in my Microsoft Outlook no longer works.
I get a dialog box which reads "The Windows search function is currently disabled. Outlook will not be able to provide fast search results when using the new Instant Search functionality unless this service is running".
I have not knowingly disabled the search function. How can I re-enable it please?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur?Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A few days ago.Windows 8.1Yes, if necessary
Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=50bfad62-c2af-424a-ac5c-745f41f4add0, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, do not wish to pay additional £14
I can reduce or waive it for you okay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please waive it. I have already paid £26!
OK. Please ignore the additional fee; I'm waiving it for you. Please just click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=50bfad62-c2af-424a-ac5c-745f41f4add0, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,
1. Click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me:http://tinyurl.com/zeu5abt2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,
Also, if the computer is stuck at shutting down / restarting, then press and hold the Power on / off button on the computer for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on and check. Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.
It seems the computer was doing Windows updates, so let it run for a bit, and check. If it's still stuck after awhile, try the above steps. Also, in the future, when you shut down / restart the computer, make sure you close all programs / windows first, such as closing Internet / website windows, and closing all Outlook windows, etc., then you can shut down / restart the computer.Please check Outlook again. If there is still any issue, please let me know. Thank you.