michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

I have refreshed my computer but lost my Microsoft Office 365

I have refreshed my computer but lost my Microsoft Office(###) ###-####in the process. I have the receipt for the computer that includes the "Card Number" but it is clearly not the product key as it does not have 25 characters. What do I do?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  michelleclive replied 10 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.did you purchase MS office 365 online or from a store?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
In a store
you must be having a disk of MS office which has the product key on the cd jacket pocket try to locate that and install MS office.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No I just have the receipt.
This records the sale of Office as follows -
1-> MICROSOFT OFFICE 365
Thank you for buying this Key Card. For help please see the reverse of this card.
Store: EPCRY0000115
Card Number: 6298741690001934237
Transaction ID
Network
Prepay Product Offie 2013
have you check the reverse of the card which has the activation code or license key.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There was no actual card, only what I told you the receipt said
give me few mins i am working on my side.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If it's relevant, I bought it with McAfee LIVESAFE 2016.
On the receipt under the 1-> MCAFEE LIVESAFE, 1-> KNOWHOWCLOUD 2TB 1YR, 1-> MICROSOFT OFFICE 365, it says
PHILIPS HD4671-60 JUG £34.99
But I can't remember what this means.
got it...do you remember the email idyou provided at the time of installing it first
please open this link: https://store.office.com/#
sign in and let me know if you are able to login or not
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it would have been***@******.*** or***@******.***
try to login and check
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what do you mean?
open the website store.office.com and click on the login/sign in option on topenter your email and passwordlet me know if you are able to signin on office store website
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am logged into the website under ***** *****
great..now check do you see an option on top that says products or myaccount
if you wish i can remote connect and find the key for you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am in My Account now
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please remote connect and find the key for me
ok do you see any option that says my product
click here for remote connectionin the page that opens click on agreedownload and run the elsinore screen connect fileallow it to install
remote connection made
Guest: I am now in my own accountmichelleclive: let me open the page so that you may sign in with your own email\michelleclive: no even this one too does not have the product patchedmichelleclive: do you have the disc for officeGuest: nomichelleclive: so how did you install it last time before refreshing the pcmichelleclive: did you download itGuest: no it came installed on the computer I thinkmichelleclive: got it\Guest: If you click on the top left open app on my computer you will see a list of applications hat have been deleted by the refresh. The entry under Office may give you a clue. Johnmichelleclive: please leave the mouse\michelleclive: if you dont see any activity dont worry i might be woprking in the backgroundmichelleclive: let me know the name of the product listed on the card\michelleclive: is it office 365 or office 2013Guest: Office 365 on the receipt - no card. Did you see the reference to Office on the deleted applcations list?michelleclive: no it does not show in the deleted list\michelleclive: also if it came preinstalled a pc refresh usually does not delete preinstalled apps\Guest: Yes it does. Do you want me to highlight it with my mouse?michelleclive: yes please quite possible i might have\michelleclive: got it\michelleclive: thanks\michelleclive: now office 365 was not preinstalled but might have been installed by the store after the initial configurationmichelleclive: in such a case the refresh deleted it..further during installation maybe your email or phone number was not provided but a different one thats why this is not patchedmichelleclive: now to get this sorted if we try to download and install it will ask us to buy it which we dont want to do\so in this case we will have to get in touch with microsoft who after verifying the purchase receipt will share a new product key with youmichelleclive: give me 2 mins..let me find a contact pointmichelleclive: ok thanks for waiting..found a contact pointmichelleclive: let me try that from your pcmichelleclive: keep a watch on screen while i do this so that in case any info is required i can ask youmichelleclive: please sign in\michelleclive: have you checked on the back of receiptmichelleclive: any code that has letters and numbers\michelleclive: please type both your emails in this chat\michelleclive: ok thanksmichelleclive: can you tell the name of the storemichelleclive: from where you got it\michelleclive: can you open that listmichelleclive: of deleted itemsmichelleclive: i believe you are watching the chat conversation while i am chattinmg on your behalfmichelleclive: thanks for waitingGuest: Not at all satisfactory but thanks for tryingmichelleclive: now as you must have seen what microsoft had to saymichelleclive: so now here is what ahs to be donemichelleclive: you have to take a print of the chat i saved on the desktop and a copy of the receiptmichelleclive: take it to the store and tell them that they should provide a replacement keyGuest: OK, but it will only last for 3 months?michelleclive: they would automatically open the email they used to install it and provide you the key..they cannot ask you to check with microsoft as now we have a proof that its currys who has to give you a replacement key\michelleclive: no...how long it will last depends on type of subscriptiomnmichelleclive: if its a yearly thing then it will expire..if its a free version it will be valid for alwaysmichelleclive: thsi only the store guiys would know what they soldGuest: Thanks must go now. Bye and thanks againmichelleclive: you are welcome..howeever before you end this session one last thingmichelleclive: i will open the just answer page firstmichelleclive: you may click on stars on top of just answer page to rate me for mys ervice if you are satisfied with my time and effort on this issuemichelleclive: i will end the session now..thanks for using my service
Experience: Indept expertise on MS Office package