Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Up graded from Windows 8.1, have switched 'synced' OFF. Have

Customer Question

Up graded from Windows 8.1, have switched 'synced' OFF. Have an email display which is dated Sep 2014 when I bought the PC, but all my current emails have disappeared. How do I get the emails?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alan, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.Are you using the pre-installed Mail app? Also, what email account do you have there? Is it @outlook.com? @hotmail.com? or others?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using the built in mail which came with Windows 8.1. I am with btinternet.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am with @outlook.com
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information.Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the problem while you watch on your screen?Secure Remote Assistance is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($26) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** not be able to take a phone call until 1600hrs (UK time)
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alan,Thank you for writing back. Unfortunately, I do not provide phone support. I only provide Secure Remote Assistance which is better than a phone call since I can actually check and fix your issues while you watch.Do you want this option?Please let me know.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess,Ready when you are
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess,I am not available for the rest of the day. Tomorrow (2 March) I will
be available after 1200, mid day, could you please give an estimate of when you will be able to fix my PC.Thank youAlan
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alan,Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of Secure Remote Assistance. I am available now, and for the next 14 hours. So if you are available today and for the 14-hour window or time frame, please let me know so that I can send you the procedures to join me in a secure remote connection.Thank you.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess,Change of plan, I am ready now. Look forward to hearing from you.RegardsAlan
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alan,For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. 1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=7d890358-c8d6-4b85-a2d2-3b5533d1fac22. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the full address? Rem....
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alan,Thank you for writing back. I already closed the remote session since it was too long already and you have not joined me there.If you are available now for the remote session, here is the new procedures:1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=b183626a-4f66-4e74-a2b5-6772b54f19892. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the full address? What is the rest of/remo..?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
The full URL address is this:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=b183626a-4f66-4e74-a2b5-6772b54f1989
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alan,Were you able to download the remote tool and run it? I am still here waiting for you to join me in the remote session. You just need to download the tool and run it to join me there.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because. I have lost emails I have to type the address in full. I have checked my typing but it is rejected , can you send the full address.Thanks
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alan,Are you using a Windows computer now, to chat with me in JustAnswer? If yes, then you just need to click on the link that I sent you, no need to manually type it in your browser since it is too long. Also, for the tool to work, you need to be signed in to your JustAnswer.com account.Here is the link, if you are using a web browser where we chat, then just click on this link and follow the steps I sent you.http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=b183626a-4f66-4e74-a2b5-6772b54f1989Thank you.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem is I am having to receive your instructions on my IPad . When I type the instructions from the IPad on to PC the link is not recognised.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Jess,
I will go back to Windows 8 , I don't think We can proceed any further. Thank you for your forbearance.RegardsAlan
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alan,For the remote tool to work on your PC, please login to your JustAnswer account in your PC first. When you are able to login to your JustAnswer account there in your PC, you can continue to chat with me there in the PC, and then you can follow the procedures I gave you.Thank you.Jess