Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

My Toshiba L50 is not responding to the automatic reset, and

My Toshiba L50 is not responding to the automatic reset, and in a permanent loop. Can you help. From David
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there David and welcomeCan you remove the power cable from the Laptop pleaseThen hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.Once done, connect the power cable and try to turn on the Laptop and tell me please if it now starts correctly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not opened, message is preparing automatic repair
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, and let it complete this time, it still loops David?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
the payment failed for the phone call David, we continue here.Can you respond please to my last question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No change
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, power it off.Hold 0 (zero) and with it held power on the Laptop, keeping 0 held.does this get you to the recovery manager?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hard drive recover screen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, now as this can result in data lost, is there any data on the Laptop you do not have backed up (programs you will need to install again)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hard drive recovery do I say yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
please reply to my last message first"ok, now as this can result in data lost, is there any data on the Laptop you do not have backed up (programs you will need to install again)"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if your ok to lose the data then say yes to the recovery and do a full factory restoreLet me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Back to the loop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
how far did it get in the recovery manager?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After getting message for yes or no went to language screen blanked then returned the loop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, just to be sure, try again and tell me if this happens please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reached continue to Windows 10. Then went backtothe loop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal motherboard or hard drive that has faulted.we have ruled out all other causes for this I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the laptop to have a diagnostics performed and the faulting component replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I send to for work to be done. It was purchased 19/05/15. Should be ok.?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes should be ok, where did you purchase it from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Purchase from Laptops Outlet via Amazon
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** need to call them on 1(###) ###-####xplain what we have done so they can then organize a return and repair for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks .