Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Richard, I live in Hungary and I bought a HP250 Laptop the

Hi Richard, I live in Hungary and I bought a HP250 Laptop the only trouble is that some of the info is in English but most is in Hungarian and as I don`t speak enough HungarianI cannot get it fully in English ,I have been told that I should reinstall a new windows 8.1 which it came with I have been with Micrsoft for many,many years and can`t remember my password ***** how do I get install a new windows in English.please take it in account that I am an old man and not so wonderful on computers( this is my first laptop)I am sending this from my PC. Thank You
Richard J Green
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Richard and welcomeTo do the reinstall (remember this will remove all your data), start the computer and at the sign in screen, do not sign in, but hold the shift key and with it held, click on the power icon and then click restart.Keep SHIFT held down until your at a menu, and you can then release it.Then click on Troubleshoot, Reset My PCComplete this and it will then reinstall windows. Tell me if you then get the option to choose a language please.Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry but that din`t seem to work
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
which step did not work Richard? where exactly did you get stuck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I`m not sure what you mean by shift button what I think is the shift I still didn`t get the power icon up, as I said I am not so clever
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I can also connect to your computer and do this for you.Accept the offer and I can do this please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will it go straight to my laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, I will connect to the computer we need to do this on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry but can I come back to you in about an hour as I have a tradesman just turned up
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome, see you in an hour
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I`m back sorry it took so long but you know what builders are like. I just realised the the guy in the shop upgraded my laptop to windows 10 does that make a difference
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thats ok, it does not make a difference for the procedure.But do you want me to connect and do this for you now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
OK, please accept the offer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think these are the numbers
488(###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
looks correct but you closed the programCan you open Teamviewer again, and give me the new password ***** leave it open please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
9788
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok was tricky with the language but it is now resetting.When you set it up, use English and it will be in EnglishLet me know how you go please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, will I be able to keep my Hungarian keyboard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, you can change keyboard to Hungarian, thats no problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long does the change take please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
not long, first telll me when its reset and you set it up again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it appears to have only downloaded 7% the dots are going around but its been on 7% for quite a while
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its just gone up to 8%
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes it will take some time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so long as I know I can get on with something else I will check now and then
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanksand you can watch this video to see how to change keyboard layout when its loadedhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLJT9WD_Osc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry to tell you but it has not worked I can still only get Hungarian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Richard, as you can see by my previos message I`m afraid your actions did not work so it seems to be a waste of your time and my money, but thanks for trying
regards
Richard J Green