Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I upgraded my windows 8 to windows 10 and lost my office 2010.

Customer Question

I upgraded my windows 8 to windows 10 and lost my office 2010. I can't find my original disc. How can I get it back
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alexander, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Windows 10 upgrade does not remove Microsoft Office so I believe your Office 2010 is still there.Please try to access Control Panel => Programs and Features and see if your Office 2010 is still there. Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response---- no it is not there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. Please try to type "Word 2010" in the Cortana search at the bottom left corner of the screen. Is it then showing your MS Word 2010 icon?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is nowhere on my computer. I have been searching everything since we started this conversation
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that confirmation. Have you just upgraded your PC now? If yes, please try to restart your computer, allow Windows Updates to download and install, then see if your Office 2010 will re-appear.Keep me posted.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
upgraded sometime ago and all updates loaded.Is there not somewhere on microsoft site that I can find my serial number
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
If you are using the subscription version of MS Office, yes, you can check your Product Key online by using your Microsoft account.But if you are using the full product, the standalone version of Office 2010, then your Product Key is in the DVD Case or DVD Insert, and if you downloaded it online, the Product Key should be in your email.I first suggest that you use Magical Jelly Bean to retrieve all product keys installed on your system, and check if your MS Office 2010 Product Key will be listed there.Just download, install and run Magical Jelly Bean Product KeyFinder and you shall see all product keys of your software there. Here is the link:https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/Please tell me if Office 2010 is listed there.Keep me posted,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Just use the FREE version of Magical Jelly Bean Product KeyFinder, it shall work and you shall see your product keys there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid it does not show upit does not show
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
When did this happen? Did your Office 2010 go missing right after Windows 10 upgrade?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
So your Office 2010 were missing for some time now? (Since you mentioned that you upgraded to Windows 10 some time ago).Also, do you remember if you bought your Office 2010 in a DVD? Or did you buy it online?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on a dvd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a gift from my son in california
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. Since you got it on a DVD, then the product key is in that DVD case or sticker. You cannot find it in your Microsoft account.If you cannot find the DVD, then your best option is, to restore your computer to Windows 8, if, it is still possible. I am saying this because you will only be allowed to uninstall Windows 10 and roll back to the previous version of Windows if you do so within 1 month after the upgrade.Has it been 1 month already since you upgraded to Windows 10?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
more than 1 month---having to go now --will log in when I return
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, please take your time. We can resume with this any time when you are back and available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. I will be happy to assist.Thank you for using our service. We'll resume then when you are available.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have now found my product key for Office Home and Business 2010 Can I download a free programme and add my key? If the answer is yes. Where do I get it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will look for your answer on Tuesday.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thank you for writing back and I am glad that you found your Product Key. Can you please tell me how you found it? Did you use the KeyFinder software I gave you? Or did you find it on your Microsoft account online?If you found your key on your Microsoft account online, then there in your account you shall also see the download link. But if you found your key using the KeyFinder software I gave you, then you need to download MS Office Home and Business 2010 from another site.Please let me know so that I can assist you further. Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
found it quite by accident. I had tried to find it some time ago and got a link from microsoft. It was long ago so the link no longer works. Keyfinder did not find it
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back. Please use this link below to get your download link for your MS Office Home and Business 2010:https://www2.downloadoffice2010.microsoft.com/usa/registerkey.aspx?culture=EN-US&ref=backup&country_id=USIn that page, enter the product key you found, then select the language, and then enter the CAPTCHA to verify, then submit. You shall then be able to download a copy of your Office.Thank you.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the end you say enter CAPTCHA --THAT DOES NOT WORK-- it asks me to enter PERTP3
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am sorry, by CAPTCHA, I was referring to the "dynamic" code in the form of an image, that technology is called CAPTCHA, I did not mean to enter "CAPTCHA" literally.Enter the characters in the image, that was I meant. Apologies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry my stupidity. It still won't connect to site
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what I have from Microsoft--but it will not connect to site for downloadingImportant! Please print this page and store in a secure location.
Office Home and Business 2010 Product Key (PKC)
723FV-82FV2-3X8GC-7XHP7-HVB7WHere's what to do next:
1. Begin the download by clicking here.Click “Run” in the File Download dialog box. This will begin the download and installation process.
2. When prompted, type or copy and paste the 25-character Product Key shown above and follow the on-screen instructions to activate your license.
By completing this process, you agree that you will only use your Product Key with this downloaded copy of Office.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe I should be using INTERNET EXPLORER or MICROSOFT EDGE ----I use CYBERFOX just now but have both browsers on my pc
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi,What happens when you click on the HERE link on Step #1 that you posted? That should allow you to download the installer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in downloading the installer using your web browser?It will be safer and faster and if your browser has compatibility issues, I can fix that as well so that you can download from the internet in the future.Keep me postedJess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already paid a fee to microsoft and use it only once-- but you can try again
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I am very sorry about the confusion. The fee is for the formal offer of Secure Remote Assistance. It will be a one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem and we can resume any time without extra fees.Secure remote assistance will allow me to remotely and securely connect to your computer so that I can directly fix the problem while you watch on your screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
having to do a bit of work now --will get back to you later
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, please take your time. We can resume with this later, and I can remotely access your computer to fix the downloading problem for you after accepting the Secure Remote Assistance offer.Thank you for your patience.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again got it downloaded and installed. There was a problem with my browser and the download page was not showing properly. Thank you for all your help.
Sandy
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, Sandy! I am glad you were able to download and install your MS Office.Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.Best regards,Jess