Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

I recently purchased a new Laptop with windows 10 and

Customer Question

I recently purchased a new Laptop with windows 10 and signed up for a new msn account, it keeps asking me to verify my account however when i go to access my email it just keeps comeing up to verify my email but wont let me go any further. Havin tried and failed hundreds of times to access this i decided to try and log into an existing microsoft accou. I couldnt remember my password ***** i went through the process wit a secondary email i had on the account and it told me i had successfully changed my password.. now it wont let me log into theat account and keeps telling me im entering the wrong password ***** though i have been extremely careful in changin my password ***** times. I cant get any help from microsoft without already being logged onto my account. This is extremly annoying as i have spent a lot of money on the laptop and can now only use it for the internet as a glorified tablet. Can you help me please as i am a very very annoyed.
Shaun Smith ***@******.***
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shaun, Usually, the issue is that your account is marked as being hacked into and even though you get a reset message, the account is still blocked. It one of those annoying quirks from MSN. What you can do is post a message on their private forum so you can speak with a real person from MSN to help you. First you are going to need to create another email address with Hotmail. Please go to the following link to create that.https://signup.live.com/signup.aspxGo to the following link and click Participate and then click Ask a question on the menu at the top. A box will appear. In that box type what has happened. Remember to be very polite and give as much information as you can.Here is the link to the forums: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/ If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But when I was setting up a new account when I first set up my laptop it keeps telling me to verify my email but when I go to log in it says I have to verify my email and won't let me go any further
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
I completely understand -- Please follow my steps above.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry now I realise I'm probably getting annoying but it's very frustrating I set up the new e- mail then went to the link and followed your steps and it brought to the page sayin verify your email again.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Did you verify your new email?