Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

I can no longer load Windows 10. I have contacted Sky and,

I can no longer load Windows 10. I have contacted Sky and, after considerable time and checks, the broadband etc. is not at fault. Please advise.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am the person that will be helping you today. There are many possible culprits when it comes to this problem with the Internet. Please, follow the instructions below and answer the questions I have posed. Doing so, will give me a clearer idea of what is going on there. - Hold down the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R- In the box that comes up, type: cmd- Click the Ok button.- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ipconfig- Press Enter Question #1: What is shown for the IP Address, Subnet Mask & Default Gateway?- In the black window, type the following and press Enter: ping 4.2.2.3 Question #2: What does it say, replies or request timed outs?- In the black box, type the following and press Enter: ping red.com Question #3: What does it say, replies or request timed outs? I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is something headed Ping statistics. And at the end my user name
Hello,I will need answers to all of my questions, please.Without the answers, it will be most difficult to help.What are the statistics for both ping commands?- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Q1 IP address- 2ao2:c7d:4095:b200:a53a:4b96:4oe2:b38c:
Subnet mask-255.255.255.0
default gateway- fe80:7e4c:a5ff:fele:9660%2:192.168.0.1
Q2/ 3- CANNOT SEE ANY REFERNCE TO THESE.
What do you see after you type the following and press enter? ping 4.2.2.3
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
min 36ms max 37ms av 37
Thank you.What do you see after you type the following and press enter? ping red.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
216. 146.46.11
min 127 max128 av 127
Thank you. Did you perform all of these steps on the problem computer? I ask because the results are that of a computer that does have Internet access.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes. Internet access is no longer the problem . I sorted that with the broadband provider. I cannot load Windows 10.
Okay. So the problem is installing the Windows 10 upgrade?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot get any windows. I did the upgrade.
Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.comAfter clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 25 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
Thank you for your time, the chance to work with you, and for the update.I am a member of all computer, networking, and cell phone categories. If you ever need anything else, please let me know.I'm online most hours of the day and only a brief time away.-Jason