Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

Cancelled my account in error. Unable to remember password

Cancelled my account in error. Unable to remember password ***** Have requested code to reinstate. Can you help
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. What kind of account is it?What happened when you requested the code?Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No response when code requested.windows 10 account outlook phone ok but unable to access laptop. Yes session would be appreciated
What's the email address showing on the problematic laptop? Did you accidentally cancel that email address?Do you have access to another working computer?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Do you have another working Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10, or Mac computer?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***. No access to a other computer
Have windows HP telephone no *********** mobile ***********
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Since you do not have another working computer, I cannot connect remotely, but I can help you here.So your computer's screen is currently showing that sky email address. Do you remember your computer's login password?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
molly123 sorry cant remember
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I switch between screens
What's the brand / model of your phone?Also, did you receive a text message from Microsoft to your phone number ending with 45? If yes, please tell me the code number in that Microsoft text message.Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can repeat please
What's the brand / model of your phone?Also, did you receive a text message from Microsoft on your phone number ending with 45? If yes, please tell me the code number in that Microsoft text message.Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can u repeat code please
Please check your phone number ending with two digits 45 for a text message from Microsoft and/or check your sky email address for an email message from Microsoft; the code is in your text message or in your email message. Please tell me the code. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Microsoft 435lumia
Press the Home button, then open your email to check the email message from Microsoft, then tell me the code number in it.Then press the Home button again, then open internet app icon to get back to me at this web page. Thank you.
Please check your email and /or phone number ending with 45 for a message from Microsoft, then let me know the code number in that Microsoft message.- Otherwise, you can use the solution below: Please try the following steps on the HP Windows 10 computer:Turn off the HP computer.Turn it back on, then right away, keep pressing and releasing the key F11 on the keyboard quickly and repeatedly until a menu or the "Choose your keyboard layout" screen appear, then select US / English if prompted.Select the option Troubleshoot.Then select option Recovery Manager.Then select option System Recovery.Then select option Back up your files first (recommended), and then click Next, and continue following the instructions there; (if needed, you can try the other option "Recover without backing up your files", and continue.)- If that does not work, here is another method:At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####
That code did not work; maybe because you gave me the code too late. Did you receive that code in your sky email or in a text message on your phone ending with 45?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Or you can just try my other method(s). Try this method first:Turn off the HP computer.Turn it back on, then right away, keep pressing and releasing the key F11 on the keyboard quickly and repeatedly until a menu or the "Choose your keyboard layout" screen appear, then select US / English if prompted.Select the option Troubleshoot.Then select option Recovery Manager.Then select option System Recovery.Then select option Back up your files first (recommended), and then click Next, and continue following the instructions there; (if needed, you can try the other option "Recover without backing up your files", and continue.)Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.
The above method should work. But if it does not work, please try another method below:At the computer's login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have reset laptop Now have window and rolling icon. Have left for 40 minutes but nothing happening
Did the reset process finish?Are you able to move the mouse?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not come up process finish No mouse
Press and hold the power on / off button on the computer for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on and check. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has come back to window and moving icon
What's that moving icon?Is the computer a laptop or desktop? Press the Enter key on the keyboard, and see if it shows anything different.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have tried again and is showing undoing changes
Ok, wait and see what happens, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good news I'm in many many tks I can now breath again. This 70 year old gives u a big kiss
You're welcome. Great. If you need anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much for your patience.