Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Taskbar icon "Word" and "Excel" jump lists not working.

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please which version of windows your using?And are you able to start Word or Excel at all? Also which version of Excel and Word are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 7XP
Word and Excel both start OK.
2013 version of both.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanksClick Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator. A black window will open. Type in it sfc /scannow press enter and when it has completed, type in chkdsk /r Press enter. It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer. Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has. Then tell me please if they then work. I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please. Else let me know the results please.