Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have resisted downloading Windows 10. Some days ago, my finger

I have resisted downloading Windows 10. Some days ago, my finger slipped on the keyboard and I now seem to be stuck with having Windows 10 being downloaded. Last week, a screen asked me for an installation time and date - I gave the latest being 00.00 on 16 March - I should have preferred an option to just stop it. Please can you help?
S J Jones
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeTo check, you want to permanently stop the installation of windows 10 correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, please.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you download and install this free program please.http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/GwxControlPanelSetup.exeRun it and install it. Then once it has been opened you can within this program disable all Windows 10 downloads, notifications and installations.I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.else let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I am grateful but I would rather not allow remote access. I have downloaded the program. Windows 10 is not yet installed (until midnight today) so I will have to wait until tomorrow to use the program. Is this correct, please?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thats no problem, but no, you use the program now please to avoid it all.Can you do this now and let me know the results
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I have done that. It tells me "that I appear to be safe".
Simon Jones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it will now not install again until you run the program and re-enable it Simon.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you