Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am typing a document in Word 2007. reason a dividing

I am typing a document in Word 2007. For some reason a dividing line has suddenly appeared between two paragraphs - it is in the form of a series of small black squares. So far I have been able to delete this line. I cannot highlight the line and if I click or press 'delete', the line simply shifts to the end of the next paragraph. How do I get rid of this phenomenon? Thanks.
Robin
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Robin and welcomeCan I look at the file please?Attach it to this question via the attach file button and I can check itThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The offending section is on pp56-57
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I removed it for you Robin.You can download it from my link belowhttp://ge.tt/2aFlvsY2If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. Can't figure out how to download this
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its ok, click the link I gave, then click Download on that page, the blue download word in the middle of the screen.http://ge.tt/2aFlvsY2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not working. Surely it should go to the downloads folder? Also can you tell me what caused this problem so I can avoid in future?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you just need to download the file Robin, it goes to the location all your download files go, usually the download folder.You just needed to delete the line, this is what I did, you added it by mistake.Do you want me to connect to your computer and do it directly?I made the offer, accept it and I can do this.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Robin? How did you go?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just won't work. Sorry, can't afford to pay extra for this.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
its optional, else we continue here.But all you need to do is download the file I gave you, its fixed in there.Whats the issue you have downloading it? Its no different to downloading any file.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
try on this link
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
http://www.wikisend.com/download/142664/Stanley+Hoar+-+Personal+Notes.doc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hooray. The last one fixed it! Thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect!!!If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you