jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I have just got a new Samsung s6 mobile phone and when I am

Customer Question

I have just got a new Samsung s6 mobile phone and when I am trying to put my email address and password ***** it keeps saying access blocked by the server
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeAre you doing this within the Email App within the actual phone? Or as part of the setup of the phone, so in the setup steps?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on my laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you indicated this is with a Samsung S6 which is a phone.So your actually trying to setup a email account on your computer? This is what your trying to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok.. which email service is this with and which email program on your computer Ray? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is this 28 pounds on top of the 26 already paid
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, but it is optional, it just appears you are having difficulties providing information so I offered this instead so I can fix it directly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lets carry on as we are please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem but please respond to my last question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what exactly was the question
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
which email service is this with and which email program on your computer Ray?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with Hotmail on outlook
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
which version of outlook?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the latest version
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
2016?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as far as I know yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you go to www.hotmail.comCan you sign into your account there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its my phone I need sorting
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
then why did you tell me "on my laptop"Ray, please, as we are spending lots of time here just trying to understand what it is your doing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on my lap top I cant get the phone to accept my password
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Ray but I do not understand your messages or what your trying to do.I will offer the remote desktop again, let me know if you still decline it as I will then need to opt out and stop working with you