Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I can't send or receive e mails from outlook

Customer Question

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please which version of outlook you are using? And whats the error you receive when you try to send an receive?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Outlook 2007 and the message is 503 Valid RCPT must precede data
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ThanksPlease do the followingOpen OutlookGo to Tools | Email Accounts"View or change existing e-mail accounts" should already be markedClick NextSelect the Account with the trouble and click ChangeClick on More SettingsClick on the Outgoing Server TabClick "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and make sure "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" is selectedClick on the Advanced TabClick OK and then Test Account SettingsIf everything is fine and reports no errors,Click Close.Click Next.Click Finish.If an error does occur, it will switch to the Errors tab and display the error and tell me it I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please. Else let me know the results please
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am getting the same error message
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Ok, but when you did my instructions, did you get an error message or it working for just the instructions?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did what you asked and I got the message 503 again
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ok, but I am trying to ask if you got through my instructions without an error.... but if I cannot get this answered, can you tell me which email service it is connecting to.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yes i got through your instruction without an error and i dont understand what you mean about email service it is connecting to
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
The email service such as a hotmail account, yahoo, gmail, a personal email service?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the e mail address is***@******.*** if that is any help
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Go to Tools | Email Accounts"View or change existing e-mail accounts" should already be markedClick NextSelect the Account with the trouble and click ChangeClick on More SettingsGo to advance and tell me the outgoing server name, port and if it is using SSL or not please
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
SMTP 465 and SSL is being used
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ok, you forgot the server name for meI need to know this as well please
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
onyx.webhostingireland.ie
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
change onyx to mail and try to send.Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No the email still wont send
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
same error?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yes
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Can you tell me the version of windows you are using please.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
vista
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ok, close all programs.Click start, control panel, type in Mail in the top right and click on it.Click Show Profiles, Click Add and add our email details in like when you first set up outlook.Once done, click the drop down box to set the profile as the default.Open outlook, let it download the emails again and tell me if you can now send and receive I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please. Else let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No that didn't work. If I accept the remote tech support is that another €39 on top of the €36 I already paid
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
yes, as I will then take over the computer and resolve this directly.Let me know if you wish for this else we continue here
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes I will take the remote offer
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ok, please accept it
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ID 123 456 789 Password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Thats from the picture on the website, you need to actually download and run the program please.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
570(###) ###-####sorry
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
its ok, connecting now
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
where is the 100% satisfaction in being told to contact your provider. I won't be dealing with ye again
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
You disconnected me by closing the window.. Have you called the number yet? We need to complete the process if you want this solved and the issue is with your account.I am a little confused when I asked you to call the number of your provider (after I found out who they were) you just closed all windows.Are you going to call the number I gave you to have the account on the server checked?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I rang the number. I though for €75 you would have solved the prolem
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
As the problem is on your mail providers email, which we have no access to, all I can so is rule out that your computer is at fault and confirm it was your account, which we did. You had no idea who your provider was, so I located this for you and instructed you to contact them to clear this up on their service which is what we did.