Shefin
Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

Can i upgrade my old laptop from Vista to the next level

Customer Question

Hi, Can i upgrade my old laptop from Vista to the next level of windows? the capacity of the laptop is 1 GB ram and 60GB storage, I dont think it is suitable for windows 10.
Thanks....
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. You can upgrade to Windows 7 using the configuration (Windows 7 , 32 bit), if you have a 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor. However it will be better getting a new computer, instead of upgrading it to Windows 7. If you upgrade to Windows 7, you will have to get Windows 7 compatible driver for the motherboard and other devices, and it will be difficult to get those. Also, the computer may not work fully functional. It is sure that you will not get Windows 10 compatible driver and it will be difficult to get Windows 10 installed because of the configuration of your computer. I would suggest you get a new computer with Windows 10 installed, instead of upgrading your computer parts and loosing money on purchasing the new operating system. If you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N