Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I cannot activate Office 2010 Pro plus on the third of my three

I cannot activate Office 2010 Pro plus on the third of my three PCs which have updated to Windows 10. First two worked without problem. I have the original disk and box for Office Pro 2010 but no receipt (it is 4+ years old) not Pro Plus which appears to have been installed at the time of Win10 upgrade)
Over an hour on the phone to MS 'support'. they say the product ID is locked due to piracy and cannot be activated. Cant explain why it activated X2 on my other PCs.
I there any way to activate or re-licence?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeWhats the exact message you get when it fails to install?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 detected changes to the hardware on your computer.
You must activate MS Office Pro Plus. This wizard will guide you through the activation process.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, and when you go through the activation process, what message do you get at the end?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This activation wizard did not appear on the other two PCs, which have the same Office 2010 version, which has been running for 4 or so years.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but when you go through the activation process, what message do you get at the end?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Activation online says: This product cannot be activated because the product key is not valid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On attempting telephone activation I am told the product key is locked
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, looks like someone got hold of your key and is using it and / or posting it online.Which number did you call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
0344(###) ###-####and 0800(###) ###-#### ***** was forwarded to various other support centres.
I just want to know if it is possible to activate the product rather than buying an upgrade as MS seem to want me to do.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Only if Microsoft unlock it as they are locking it on the server.0344(###) ###-####is the correct number to call, I wanted to exhaust all options, but if they are now forcing an upgrade, you cannot get around this sorry Kevin, I have eliminated all other options.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you