Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have problem with Excel. If I do calculation "Value" comes

Customer Question

I have problem with Excel. If I do calculation "Value" comes up. I have tried changing the content cells. Each category of content cells shows "Value" at top. What do I do ?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you attach your excel file to this question please and I will check it for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I do that ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you should see a button with attach file or a paperclip here, you can click on this to attach it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I am struggling to do that.I cannot seem to access file in this form.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have an email address ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I cannot give that out here, but I can connect to your computer and fix it directly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already spent money to talk to you. I do not want to spend any more.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
its ok, as I indicated, its optional, else press the attach file and select your file and attach it please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Moodiesburn 24 March is the spreadsheet.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, its because of the pound sign, so do this to fix itremove the pound signThen right click on the cell and select format and choose currency and there you can choose also the pound signthen right click on the results and choose currencyThis will correct itLet me know how you go please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to do this for every cell. It looks that way.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, for all the cells you want it to appear, so it is all corrected. If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but this has not helped me. Firstly I am still not getting a result in the cell & ssecondly I do not want to have to go into every cell & change it when I do a spreadsheet.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
please look at your sheet here http://ge.tt/7VWaH8Z2you will see there it is working when you do the instructions I gave.you have to have the correct format, you cannot do calculations on values that have characters in them apart from numbers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was able to do that before I upgraded to this version of Excel.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You cannot calculate, on any version of excel, if you hvae a character other then a number in it.You were formatting it before, as per the initial instructions I gave youI did it for you for all the cells, you can download it herehttp://ge.tt/7216I8Z2