ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

I keep getting phones calls saying they are from Mircosoft

I keep getting phones calls saying they are from Mircosoft techicical team do you phone people
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  ChrisC replied 1 year ago.
Hi Elizabeth, my name's Chris and I'll be happy to help you today! I can assure you that these phone calls are not from Microsoft. It's a well-known scam where groups will pay for phone numbers and then call out with stories about how your computer has virus/has been hacked/etc and that you need to pay them to fix it. They are not from Microsoft and your computer is fine. So you are doing the right thing to just hang up. If you have any other questions on this, just let me know and I'll be happy to answer them. And before you leave this page, please remember to use the rating box at the top of the page to rate answer at least 3 Stars/OK Service or better so that I receive credit for assisting you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris was very helpful in answering my question