IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

It appears that certain emails are not arriving in my in

hi it appears that certain emails are not arriving in my in box ( or junk mail) even when they are people I have regular contact with sounds silly but the ones I am aware are missing all come from people whose name begins with s not sure who else I am not receiving what can I do please
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.Please tell who is your e-mail provider - for example: GMail, Yahoo!, AOL, etc. Also, do you use an e-mail program such as Microsoft Outlook to receive and send e-mails, or you use a web browser to access the web mail interface?I am awaiting your reply.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
microsoft outlook
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK. Please type who your e-mail provider is, or just type your e-mail address here and I will check it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks! Since you say you are not receiving all the e-mails, please exit Microsoft Outlook and access the Hotmail web mail interface by clicking this link: http://www.hotmail.com/ Type your e-mail address and password, and Sign in. Check for all e-mails there. Let me know if you can see the missing e-mails.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I clicked on the link and went straight into my e mails without needing to sign in and no there were no missing e mails there
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Do you see the same interface as you usually do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK. There are certain settings you can check. Hold on, I will provide the instructions for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im still holding on !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to have to log off as I am locking up my business for the night I will contact again tomorrow, I will withhold any ratings for now but as I still haven't had another response it is looking poor to me
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Wait for 1 more minute - finishing the instructions...
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
I needed to write the instructions for you, so it takes time. OK, you will need to check the current e-mail account settings as it could be that certain e-mail addresses have been blocked.Here is what to do:1. Sign in to your Outlook.com / Hotmail account the usual way2. Click on the screw icon located next to your name in the upper right corner and select Options3. There you can check if anything needs to be corrected. First, click on Forwarding located under the Mail > Accounts section. Make sure the e-mails haven't been set to forward to another e-mail address4. Next, click on Blocked senders located under the Mail > Junk email section. Check if any e-mail address is listed as blocked. You can then check other settings in the Junk email section: Safe mailing lists, Safe senders, Filters and reporting. You can add e-mail addresses you frequently receive e-mails as safe5. You can review other e-mail options located on the Options window, but these are the most common causes why you don't receive e-mails from certain e-mail addressesLet me know if you found settings that needed to be corrected.Regards,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know if you followed the instructions I suggested.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes all sorted thank you for your help
Heidi