IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My PC has crashed, I am using my husband's lap top. i

Customer Question

my PC has crashed, I am using my husband's lap top.
i was getting everything saved regularly through microsoft 10, but I can't remember how to access my microsoft account.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help youMa'am when you say " everything saved regularly through Microsoft 10" do you mean your files had been saved to one drive in Microsoft office and you are now trying to access your files using your Microsoft account ?If so please use this link to access your Microsoft account : - https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=11&ct=1355921456&rver=6.1.6206.0&wp=MBI&wreply=http:%2F%2Fmail.live.com%2Fdefault.aspx&lc=1033&id=64855&mkt=en-us&cbcxt=mai&snsc=1Please check and let me know the status.Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It would be the storage which was recommended with Windows 10. But I am not sure what my log in info is.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
Your login info will be the email address registered with Microsoft account,do you know that email address?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think it was***@******.***I tried this on the link you sent and they said that that address was not registered with them.
But when I signed in just now to your service with Microsoft office they said that email was already used with microsoft.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
Ma'am this is justanwer which is a paid tech support site we do not have any tie up with Microsoft but we can also help you fix the issue you are facing. We have been online for the past 10 years and we have A+ rating from Better Business Bureau.Do you have any other email address or an email address that ends with hotmail.com or outlook.com?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No emails with those endings.If I did not use***@******.***,
it might have been***@******.*** or ***@******.***Mabe I should try the link again, in case I typed the wrong email? But if I did, and the password ***** wrong, I woudl ahve expected an option to retrieve the password ***** but there wasn't one
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
Try those email address one by one and lets see if its showing same message that "its not registered with Microsoft".If its not showing that and only showing incorrect user name or password ***** you can go to resetting the password ***** this link : - https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspxLet me know the status
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is not recognising any of our emails - I don't understand this, as I only set up the automatic backup facility earlier this year after I had up dated to Windows 10, and those are the only emails we use.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will try to reset using the link in your last email
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
OK
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I seem to have got stuck. none of the emails worked. they offered to send a new code to the huddlestonpp one, but that has not come through yet I am watching for it on my ipad.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the problem seems to be that I can not talk to anyone at MICROSOFT
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
It is true getting their direct help is very difficult.Which is the email address that it recognized and allowed you to reset the password?The PC that had crashed is it still non functional or does it shows windows loading screen?Are you using the paid version of one drive that back up the files or the free one?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am not paying for the facility.maybe I set it up in cloud - but it was from whatever platform microsoft windows 10 provided.i hope the computer is not terminal. It just would not switch on this morning. it has gone for repair. I should know by the middle of april. If I get it back I need to be more organised about the back up.pictures etc are stored on cloud through apple.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
One Drive is a cloud like back up feature.The reason why i asked whether its a paid or not is that there will usually be a support for paid support.Did you get the code to reset the password?Even if the computer goes terminal they can take out the hard drive from it and recovery the data using sata/ide to USB adapters or connect to another computer and recover it.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No they did not send the code yet.I will try it again. otherwise I think I will have to wait and hope I can get the data back from the computer.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
OK please try and let me know the result.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
I just tried to see if any of the email address you provided is with Microsoft account and all of it showed none are registered with Microsoft.(*****@******.***,***@******.*** or***@******.***)Are those the same email address your tried too or is there any other?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have tried again, giving my mobile for the on off code. but as they don't recognise any of the mail addresses, I guess this will not work. i think it would have come through by now. it must seem as if some unauthorised person is trying to get access to my account.i think the problem is not resolvable?
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
Sorry about that,if none of the email address you entered is not recognized by Microsoft then its very difficult to regain access to Microsoft account.If you want i can open this question to other experts so that they can check if there is any other options left.let me know?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
HI, You have been really helpful.I have discussed this with my husband and we think that if none of those are recognised by microsoft, perhaps I went through the process but did not click on the final CONFIRM or whatever was needed.next time I will set it up, and then retrieve the data on my husband's computer to make sure it is working.If anyone else has a way of solving this, I'd be glad to try it. But I think the problem must lie in the account not having been set up properly in the first place.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
Thank you.I will open this to other experts to see if they have any other ideas.When they reply you will be notified in your email and you can continue from there.Sincerely,John
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** you still require assistance with the problem you described, please check these 3 images below. Let me know if you recognize the logo or name of the cloud service you used to save the data when using your PC that crashed. Image 1 - CLICK Image 2 - CLICK Image 3 - CLICK Thanks,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.
Hello again!I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.Thanks,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 8 months ago.
Hello!Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.